A:

• Interview techniques
  • Career path options
  • Presentation advice
  • Build your network
  • Counseling on how to join and become active on a committee

Q: How do I become a mentee?

A: Follow these steps:

Still need help? Watch this helpful video!

Q: How will I be matched with a mentor?

A: Once you’ve updated your member profile and completed the mentee enrollment form, you will be asked to complete a mentor preference form, upon which you will be matched with a list of potential mentors. You can learn about each of them by visiting their member profile page and then select the mentor you prefer. Once your invitation has been accepted, you will be notified.

Q: I know who I want as a mentor, how do I invite him/her?

A: Visit the mentor preference page, scroll to the bottom and complete the ‘Name’ field; if they are in our database you should see them listed as an option. Then select the ‘Match Me with a Mentor’ button. 

Q: What should I do if I get a ‘No Data Found’ message?

A: Try to open your preference options and limit them by what matters the most to you and redo the search. If the ‘No Data Found’ ’message pops up when you enter a specific person, company or location then that information is not in our database, redo your search.

Q: How do I find a mentor that lives near me?

A: Visit the mentor preference page, scroll to the bottom and complete the ‘location’ field, if there are any mentor near the address, city or zip code you entered, you should see them listed as an option.

Q: What are some suggested things I could do with my mentor?

• Lunch (or virtual) with mentor to discuss everyday challenges that they face at work
  • Discuss proper job interview, business, phone etiquette
  • Ask to shadow them at work or ask to attend a business meeting virtually
  • Ask to attend a local section or volunteer group meeting together
  • Observe a special project that they may be working on
  • Meet them at the AIHce conference and ask them to suggest what to attend and/or if they can introduce you to their colleagues
  • Ask them to review your resume

Q: What if I can’t meet my mentor in person?

A: Communicate with your mentor as to your preferred means of communication, phone calls or virtual meetings on Skype, Teams, etc.

Q: How regularly should I meet with my mentor?

A: This should be discussed in your initial meeting and based on both your availability.